Question

Buckflynn

I have a collection on an apartment I rented from 2011,
It is small. $300 and certainly strange to appear after 4 years, if I just settle it will it come off my report? I have no records from 2011

If it is from a collection agency, send them back a letter asking for validation of the debt.  They know what the requirements are so you don't have to tell them. It is most likely they can't validate the debt, so it has to be removed from your credit report.

FYI-proper validation would include a copy of the signed rental agreement showing how much you were to pay and some proof they tried contacting you about the amount supposedly owed.  Collectioin agencies seldom have this information and it is up to them to prove you owe the money.