Question

twice2much

I have a collection debt that was sold to another creditor appears twice on my report
Hi, I am cleaning up my credit report and I recently paid off 3 old debts that were in collections. I still show the original debt, then the collection agency that bought my debt and updated my status to paid in full. How can I remove the 1st debt? Dispute it with the agencies or contact the original debtor? All the information you provide would be so helpful to me. Thanks!!

If the original debt is showing as closed, then it is reporting correctly and will fall off 7 & 1/2 years from the date the account went delinquent.  If you have errors, dispute with the creditor and the credit bureaus by regular mail.