Question

ethomp2

I have a card that the balance was discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago. What should I do?
I have a credit card that the balance was discharged in bankruptcy 5 years ago. It shows open but I believe I closed it out. It has a $0 balance. Does it help or hurt my credit to have the card removed?

credit card 5 years bkrpt 0 bal

I have that too, and I notice that my score with the credit agency reporting it, is higher. 697 with Transunion (they don't have it on theirs) and 718 on Equifax (who is showing that) so I would keep it on, mostly because it increases the age of open accounts.