Question

mchlmcduff

i have a card that charges 39.00 a year is a good idea to cancel it.

Most Helpful Response

Only if you have other credit cards.  You'll take a bit of a hit on your score, but I don't care for annual fees on credit cards, either.

How many Credit Cards do you have, 
How Long have you had this Credit Card?   How long have you had the others?

I have a Secured Credit Card,  Have had it for just over 5 years.  Will have it for another  3 years before I close it.  Have other Cards that are just as old and one older, but want my Average Age of Accounts up higher so when I do close it my score won't be affected.

You need to do your Home work.

I would NOT cancel the card. you will harm your credit. Do some reading and you will soon find out why.

Why dont you see if you can do a product change to a card that does not have a fee.  Just call customer service and see what they can do for you.