Question

krystalb2008

I have a car loan but it isnt on my credit report.
I recently financed a vehicle jointly with my fiance. We finalized all the paperwork in August. Why is this not showing as an open account on my credit report?

Response

Sometimes, it does take a little bit of time for the information to get reported to a credit agency.  Some companies report monthly while others may only report quarterly or semi-annually.  Also, I'm not sure which ones you've checked or if you've checked them all, but just in case, try www.annualcreditreport.com.  It's a legitimate and free sight that gives everyone a free credit report once a year from all three major credit bureaus.  They are Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.  It's possible it's on one or two of them but not all three.

Hope it helps.  : )