Question

fredfoot

I have a Capital one card would like the Quicksilver card. Can I cancel old card with out penalty?

Bad Move

When you close a card, you reduce your overall credit and other essential factors in your credit score.  If you want, and can get, a Quicksilver card, add it to your totasl cards.  Re-read the articles so you can better understand how credit really works.

pminicam

i started my credit journey with a Cap 1 secured card. After one year I applied for and received a Quicksilver Master Card with a low CL. I used this card for my utilities and paid it off regularly and ontime. After 1 year I applied for a Venture One card, I was approved but with a low CL. I called and asked for a better CL. I was declined because of my limited history. I then requested that we "combine" all of my Capital One credit onto the Venture card and close the others. Yes! So I ended up with just the Venture One card and a high credt line! Took a wee hit on score for the inquiries, but ended up with a sweet travel rewards card and a higher credit line. Hope my story helps you. Good Luck!