Question

optimusprimerib

I have a 2 year old medical bill ( < 300$) that went to collections. Should I pay it off?
I went to the hospital when I had no insurance and unfortunately they waived the hospital fees but not the doctor's fees so I got stuck with a 300$ bill with no job at the time. I am employed now and could pay it off, but I don't know if that will benefit me. I have been trying to research "Pay for Delete" information.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, paying is good idea.

The bill is only 2 years old.  Paying it off now will look good and improve your credit rating from the time it is paid.  Showing it paid, event after this time is far better than it remaining unpaid for the next 5 years until it falls off.  You'd be able to explain the circumstance of the late payment and a history from this day forward of regular payments on all accounts will work in your favor.

LocustPlague83

I second that response. For that small amount; it makes sense to pay it off.