Question

Magpie8680

I have 9 collections all from 2015. How do I know if the limitations have run out?
I have really bad credit. I have 9 collections all from 2015. Are these new collections or old collections finally catching up to me? How do I find out if the statue of limitations has run out on them?

First, you go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports and you will learn which items are in collections and what dates you need to know to determine of the statute of limitations has run out.  Do a search for Statute of Limitations on Collections and find your state.  Then you can decide how to proceed.  You might have to negotiate a 'pasy for delete' agreement or wait out the disappearance of the account if the SOKL has expired.  Reading the articles here will give you the knowledge you need tomake the decisions.