Question

mdc102263

I have $8000 in credit debt I have a score of 756 wil paying it off up my score to over 800?
I do not want to close those accounts because I know it could lover my score, I just want to pay off the balances. I own my home ( no mortgage) and all I have are 3 loans, auto, credit card and personal loan totaling 8000.00 I can pay them off in the hopes off in the hopes of getting in the 800 credit scores... any advice??

Most Helpful Response

help

thats ""lower"" my score  not lover............ sorry.......auto correct is not always a good thing............

Keep in mind that a 0% utilization (not using any credit) is actually worse and could lower your score than using some.  I would suggest paying them off, but then keeping an account on a revolving cycle and paying it off in full each month.

icuhowie

The following is NOT TRUE "0% utilization (not using any credit) is actually worse and could lower your score than using some"