Question

annablea

I have 8 credit cards. 5 are paid off. Should I close the paid off ones?
I would like to close the 5 that are paid off, but I don't want to mess with my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

Don't close them!!!

When you get a credit card, you are approved for a certain credit limit which you can use to purchase items and pay them off over time.  The more credit cards and credit accounts you have, the higher your score.  When you close any account, you remove that credit limit from your total amount and this will drop your credit score. Keep all cards active by periodic use and you can keep your score climbing.