Question

caroline242003

I have 3 hard mortgage inquires on my report, how do they become 1 inquiry?
I have had 3 mortgage inquiries added to my report. 2 were from the same mortgage company and 1 from another all with in a total of 45 days but yet they show as individuals. I read on here that mutiple inquiries of the same kind can be combined into one within a certain time frame. With them being listed as 3 individuals my inquiries have gone from good to fair. Please help!!!

Most Helpful Response

Great question! While the inquiries are scored as one, they must each be listed on your credit report for two years. This is to ensure accurate record keeping of what companies have reviewed your file, while still minimizing the impact on your credit score.