Question

desperateman123

I have 3 derogatory remarks in my Credit Karma. How can I remove any of them?
I have 3 derogatory remarks in my Credit Karma.
1) Legal Judgement- I paid the full amount on October 5, 2016.
2) Collection- I paid the full amount on February 5, 2017. It says that the balance is $0, but the status says "open" and in the remarks section it just says "placed for collection".
3) Collection- I have a balance of just over $200 that I want to pay, but I want to see how I can successfully pay this amount while getting this collection off. I have heard of getting a "pay to delete" agreement. Do I call this creditor and literally request a "pay to delete agreement"?

I am just starting my family and want to get a home soon. I really messed up my credit during my younger years, and now I am desperately trying to get everything fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1) probably not much you can do

2) Dispute the account as it is reporting incorrectly. Hope for a removal rather than a correction. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to file disputes.

3) Yes, call them up, tell them you will pay in full if they will agree to remove the account from your credit reports. Try to record the call if it is legal to do so in your state and if verbal agreements are worthy in your state. Even if you can get any proof of them agreeing to a "pay for delete" you might as well go ahead and pay and hope they hold up their end of the bargain.