Question

mauger0789

I have 3 collection accounts of old credit cards, student loans and no current credit lines.
I am 24, just finished my associates degree last Fall and unfortunately put myself in a financial mess. I have steady job but can't afford much of monthly payments. I have 3 collections on my credit for old credit cards, my student debt will start needing paid soon. Also, I have no open credit lines besides a car loan. Will a company like Lexington Law be able to assist me with this, or are there better options to get me in a better credit standing in the next 12 months? I also have a judgement from an old bank account I let go just over $500. Can judgements be removed if paid, or are banks willing to remove them? Is bankruptcy a thought, or am I over thinking this?

Most Helpful Response

Do the Math

If you can't afford to pay it all off in 12 to 18 months you might consider bankruptcy. 

Also the cost of filing BR may not be worth it if the total is not that high. 

Remember that you can't file on school loans, so you will have to pay those off anyway. So don't count that in. 

I lost a business and it took me 10 years to pay off everything and another couple of years to correct and rebuild my credit. 

Its tuff but it can be done.