Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

Wale25

I have 23 credit inquiries on my credit report, how can I go about getting them removed?!

that seems like a lot

if you have not been applying for new credit I would suspect fraud. 

If you did apply for new credit recently, even if denied,  then there is nothing you can do to remove them. They will stay on your report for 2 years.  

You can have inquiries that you did not apply for removed if you can prove that it was not you. If you see inquiries from companies that you did not apply to,  you can dispute them on the website for each of the credit bureaus.  

I have heard of incidences of people buying new cars where the dealer "shopped" the loan to as many as 15 different lenders and each of them produced a hard inquiry,  You can dispute many of these and get them removed since you only aquired one loan at the time. It is time consuming but it is your credit so it is worth the time.

If you were not trying to get any of the loans/cards that were applied for, I would suspect fraud and place a fraud alert on your credit report with each of the credit bureaus.   

you can Google any of these actions for more info on how to go about doing them.

Good Luck