Question

sfranc02

i have 2 inactive credit cards
I have 2 credit cards both for children's clothing stores. My daughter is older now and I don't shop there anymore. How can I get rid of them without damaging my credit. There hasn't been any activity on them in a while so that's not helping my credit either.

First, lack of activity on a credit card is not a strike against your credit. The failure to use revolving credit period does cause damage with FICO scoring, nothing permanent, you will just get dinged for the month that you have no revolving activity. As far as closing these cards, do you have other active credit cards and an adequate number of cards? If you already have several other active credit cards there shouldn't be a huge problem, probably only a slight hit especially since these are only charge cards. If you choose to go ahead and close them, I advise just doing one at a time and wait a month or two to see how it affects your credit before closing the second one. Keep an eye on your FICO scores from time to time too and as always keep reading and keep learning.

icuhowie

Trying,     all I can say is the above is BS.