Question

melrinstar

I have 2 credits cards bills that are late and probably in collections now, how do I fix this?
The total is 4,300 together, I cant afford to pay the minimum that there asking along with all my other bills, what is the best way to address this. I want to fix my credit, I have a decent job.

You're allowed to obtain a free credit report yearly from the three credit reporting agencies; Transunion, Equifax and Experian.  Your report(s) will show the loan status, and you'll find the addresses and possibly phone numbers on the last pages I believe. Find out if the lender(s) will reduce the interest rates to 4% or so and set up a payment schedule. If it's gone to collections, oftentimes they'll consider a big reduction of the debt to obtain their money. If neither parties will assist with manageable terms; you can hire a credit counseling service to act on your behalf. I did that years ago with Lexington Law when I had massive credit card debt and the lenders refused to work with me. They negotiated 4% and 6% interest rates on my cards.