Question

kayjay147

I have 2 credit cards that I have not paid on in about a year that are listed as late.
Since these cards are not listed as charged off or closed on my credit, how do I get my credit back up? Do I pay the amounts owed for each card? Or do I let it go since the accounts have already been given to collection agencies? I just want to get my credit back up, but do not want to spend money on paying back those cards if it will not benefit me.

The longer you stay in debt specially with collection agencies the worse your credit gets, try to pay them off sooner then later. It takes years to clear out from your credit. I recall not paying my car loan for one month, I moved and forgot about it, they recorded it in my credit and stayed there for few years.