Question

rrfl

I have 2 accounts in collections,want to pay off
How do I contact the collection agency if I am not receiving collection letters or phone calls about what I owe.

Paying off collections

Please note: Collections will be negative whether paid or unpaid. Collection accounts are proof that you once had an account and after numerous attempts to get the debt paid they were unsuccessful. I would FIRST simply challenge the verification of the accounts. The more the account has moved around and the older the account is the less likely they have all their ducks in a row. If my some stroke of bad luck they do have the proof required to validate the account then offer a settlement for pay to delete only! And make sure they give you everything in writing before you give them a dime!

Most Helpful Response

First, do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" as that is what you would want to get. To find out the name and contact info of the debt collectors you can either "google" their info or contact the credit bureaus to get the information. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian and they all have websites.

Don't Pay

It will show on your credit report anyway.

ALWAYS CHALLANGE:

I got 4 taken off using only 

I am no longer liable for this account.

I am no longer liable for this account.

How to make a payment

How to make a payment

reposession

I checked my credit report for a repot that happened over 20 years a go because the put a lien on my bank account and took all my savings. Me and the bank rep sat down to see if there were any outstanding liens against me, none was found. About 1year after I opened the account it was intercepted by the lien holder. What can I do about this situation?

Sometimes the contact info is in your credit report.  Please note: it's better when you contact them that you are able to pay. Most times they will offer you a settlement or want some type of payment on the spot.  If you don't have anything, then it can start the process all over again especially if it's an old account, they can make it look like it's a new one on your credit. 

When you were born your government forge

​ the government sales  your birth certificate at birth: Apparently you can not cash this birth certificate bond in… but you can use it to pay off any dept you have against you.  It’s called “defusing”.   If you have a student loan get them to send you a bill for all that you owe, then you go to the treasury and tell them to defuse the loan with your bond certificate.   You can do this with car payments, home payments,… etc.. etc.  If someone you know dies penniless you can use his or her birth certificate bond tracking number to pay for a proper burial and to clear all outstanding debt he or she may have.  But you can not use it to go out and buy a home, land, car, or toys, only to pay off what you owe.

myrinabrown

Enter Your Reply
I looked inot this ....and it's not true.

Your question has been asked numerous times before and is covered under Most Popular questions in the first listing you see after logging in.  It is also addressed in the very informative articles presented on this site.  You can then learn the answer for yourself and this will help you for a long time to come.