Question

rrfl

I have 2 accounts in collections,want to pay off
How do I contact the collection agency if I am not receiving collection letters or phone calls about what I owe.

Paying off collections

Please note: Collections will be negative whether paid or unpaid. Collection accounts are proof that you once had an account and after numerous attempts to get the debt paid they were unsuccessful. I would FIRST simply challenge the verification of the accounts. The more the account has moved around and the older the account is the less likely they have all their ducks in a row. If my some stroke of bad luck they do have the proof required to validate the account then offer a settlement for pay to delete only! And make sure they give you everything in writing before you give them a dime!

Most Helpful Response

First, do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" as that is what you would want to get. To find out the name and contact info of the debt collectors you can either "google" their info or contact the credit bureaus to get the information. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian and they all have websites.

Your question has been asked numerous times before and is covered under Most Popular questions in the first listing you see after logging in.  It is also addressed in the very informative articles presented on this site.  You can then learn the answer for yourself and this will help you for a long time to come.