Question

EdwardTeach

I have $1,900 left on my vehicle loan and can pay it off by next week, will that help my score?
I have had this loan for a while, and I only have $1,900 left to pay off, I am trying to do what ever I can to increase my credit score, but i also do not want to keep this loan its right at the end of the original terms of the loan. Unfortunately I am going to have to take out another vehicle loan very soon and was hoping by paying off this original loan that could both help my score and help when trying to get another vehicle loan

OK, this is going to sound nuts, but often your score drops when you pay off a loan.  That is because your utilization is impacted and you also lose that account, which also hurts.