Question

381oakstreet

I have $14,000 in credit card debt and your site suggested I consolidate to a no interest intro card
That would be a perfect solution to my problem but the last time I tried to do that, the card I tried, (not suggested by your site) only gave me a $3,000 limit to transfer. Will I risk that same situation with your Discover card suggestion? I don't want to add an inquiry then have to cancel the card if I get the same response. My second option is to get a loan from my credit union which has a lower interest rate than my current cards and an inquiry might hurt my chances as well. Thank you!

Hi 381oakstreet,

This is always a risk when applying for a new card for a balance transfer. Credit Karma cannot make any guarantees about approval or the credit limit you may be approved for, as this is at the discretion of the lender.