Question

kbow1018

I have 10 open accounnts almost all payed off do i start to cancel some of them or leave them open

Most Helpful Response

Nope leave them open if they are revolving/credit accounts UNLESS some of your cards have high annual fees it may make sense to get no annual fee cards and close the ones with not-helpful perks and rewards.  That would be the only reason why I would close any credit cards.  Otherwise keep them open :)

If you have more than one card with the same lender, you can request the credit limit be transferred to one of the other cards that you use regularly. I've been paring down the cards I use to get the best rewards. I had most or all of the limits transferred to other cards so my credit availability stayed the same.