Question

BlankSlateMT

I have 0 credit. Where do I start building?
All I see on here are questions about debt and rebuilding badcredit. I have 0 credit, and any credit check comes up blank. So my question is how do I establish credit when I can't get approved for any card? I've even been denied a Best Buy card! I have great rental history with both P.M's and private home-owners; never had a late payment or haven't been able to pay. Unfortunately, unless you ask them to report it to the Credit Bureaus, they won't. So good rental history means nothing.

Hi BlankSlateMT, have you tried applying for secured credit cards? How these work is you provide a refundable deposit in order to receive a credit card (low balance to begin with). The deposit is to ensure that poor or no credit history holders do not default. You would use the card for a while until you develop your credit history. Just make sure you always pay the credit card bill on time and it will all eventually take care of itself.