Question

PrettyCosmicPrincess

I had school loans from 2009 but they are fully paid off now. Question.
So I live in Florida and within the last month I paid the rest of the amount off. My question is - If the debt is 100% paid then how long should it take to have it leave my credit score? Also, I've read something about people appealing and getting sued for requesting them be removed, however, I believe those were questions from people who are still currently paying them off. I have all ready paid it all. Any info. would be helpful. Thank you!!

Most Helpful Response

They will vanish 7 years after the last payment, but will be reported during this time as "paid in full", which is a good thing to have on your credit reports.

Co-signer on student loans

I had co-signed on my sons student loans.  Due to relocating and job change I did not find out that the loans had become delinquent unitl they had a negative effect on my credit score.  They are now up to date and even refinianced.  Is there any way to help imporve my credit score faster?

I have always had excellent scores until this happened

pennstate04

you could always try to dispute the accounts, and have them removed from your report. short of this, they will remain until the time frames expire. if it's any consolation, as you move away from deliquincies, they effect your score less. so if you keep up all your other credit, it will get better. 

they aren't affecting your score if they are paid off. after the loan or debt is paid off, they can stay there just showing paid for 10 years. it's not hurting anything.

hustondj

Enter Your Replythey do hurt any future lender is relyin g on the information that he failed to pay on time in the first place. 

Fraud alerts

I want to know how can k get fraud alerts and get them attached to the three main credit bureaus ASAP I believe there has been a breech of my information due to scammers

pennstate04

you can have fraud alerts placed on your credit report directly by the three major credit reporting agencies. you must contact them directly and request the fraud alerts due to identity theft.