Question

dmari0311

I had identity theft what do I do?

Identity theft

I have been having to dispute multiple things on my credit. As of lately I get hit more and more with false inquiries and collections added to my credit report. It has lead me to believe that I may have had identity theft. Besides contacting the bureaus what else should I do ?

You may want to consider "freezing" your credit. Read about this at each credit bureau's website. Transunion, Equifax and Experian. Consider some type of identity theft monitoring, like LifeLock offers (I have no idea if it is a good company, but have seen their commercials, probably other companies like this). You may also consider contacting law enforcement so they could investigate the matter further if this is becoming excessive.