Question

simonsaysgo

I had fraudulent charges on 2 credit card accounts and had to get new card numbers.
Now those show up as new credit card accounts and my credit score has dropped. How can I fix this? They are NOT new credit card accounts, just new credit card numbers but show up as having closed 2 accounts and opened 2 accounts. I have had accounts with these carriers for many years, now it looks like I am a new customer. My credit score dropped 25 points through no fault of mine.

Contact the bank (issuer)

The old accounts will be reported as "paid and closed" or "lost or stolen" and will stay there for 7 years. Though new accounts show up, generally the bank will still report your account age from the oldest date. It happened with me. They had to change my card number THREE times in past six years, but the age of the account is still reported as six years. Check with the bank and ask them to put it on file (they know how to do it). You should be okay.