Question

AlexisBrittany

I had a student loan that I paid off and closed in 2010. Why is it still on my credit report?
Also, is it good for that to still show? Or should I have it removed and is that possible???

Because it is part of your credit history, it will still be reported for 7 years after the date the loan was paid in full, then it will fall off.

ChkUrslf

Can't this person utilize the ucc statute of limitations on debt collections for their state, which will probably be shorter than 7 years to request the loan be taken off?

Closed 10 Year Old Student Loan...

Hi there,

I had a student loan back from 2005 still on my account. It has been closed for years already and charged off to collections. Why is it still reporting? I thought that it would have deleted off of my credit already? Also i have like 7 accounts from them on my report. Example one says $700, another says $1000 etc. I applied for one big loan back in 2005 so I dont know why they would have different accounts with different balances. Making it looked like I opened multiple loans with them. How can I remove this from my account? The account has been closed for years and has been charged off to collections. So i dont know why it being almost 11 years old its still on there. And last reported dates are randome. Like one says Frebuary of 2015. Please help!!!