Question

VAstinks

I had a medical bill go to collections. When I pay this bill how long will it remain on cre. report?
The bill was suppose to be paid by the VA but it was not paid and I appealed to the VA. The VA stated that they never received my appeal so I sent in a copy of my appeal letter. The VA person Cathy Kincade actually contacted my the hospital where my bill occurred and told them, not me, that my appeal had been turned down. I have not received any information from the VA, In the meantime, my medical bill has gone to collections. I wonder: (1) When I pay the medical bill, how long will the collections report remain on my credit history; (2) Can a member of the VA contact a debtor and tell them that the VA is not going to pay the bill; Thank you...

unfortunately it will remain for 7 year

From the time its actually paid off. 

You can file a personal response so that you can explain your side of the story, but that won't help with your scores. 

As far as what the VA can and can't do, I 'm not sure. They seem to make up the rules up as they go don't they. I had to deal with them while my father was ill. The most exasperating experience of my life.