Question

RachelsMercy

I had a forebearence enacted on my loans,
the company sent me the paperwork, then defaulted me anyway because they made a mistake. It won't come off my credit report. How do I fix this?

You can contact the company to find out why and see if the forebearance can be set.  But, the fact is, those loans do NOT go away and remain collectable until paid off.  Just one oif the nasty facts of student loans.

Okay, thanks

Thank you for responding. I know they will be on my report until paid off, but what I'm trying to understand is how to get the default off? I am in good standing, it says good standing, and the ONLY reason I even defaulted is because someone at the loan company messed up my paperwork. I didn't actually default. I had a forebearance. They approved it, but someone didn't apply it to my account. But they told me they can't take it off my credit report.