Question

IsaPalacios

I had a 680 credit score, I didnt pay a credit card $750 and I now have 2k, what should I do next?
The credit card was charged off, and I'm now below and 500. Should I pay the debt? Should I use the 2k i have to get secured credit cards and just look forward instead?

How old is the charged off? When's the last time you made payment? If it's almost 7 years, I would let it charge off. If not, I would call and write a letter to the collection agency to see if you pay in for, that they will delete the record off all credit bureau. Make sure they send you a hard copy letter agreeing to the removal of it before doing any payment. I repeat, do not pay it unless they agrees to delete the record from all credit bureaus.