Question

annmarie123

I had a 100% payment record.
Recently i paid an account off using the wrong bank account online, it was a legitimate mistake. They waved the late fee but couldn't guarantee it won't show up on my credit report,what can i do. The payment was submitted on the 9th and wasn't due until the 19th ,they also never notified me about the reversed payment on my account. I called them on the 20th to see why the payment wasn't taken out of my bank account and they said the account was insufficient. i feel someone could have called me or sent me a letter but didn't now i may be late and blemish my 100% paying record,please help !

A late payment does not show up on your credit report until your are at least 30 days past the due date.  You should be fine.  Relax and take a deep breath....  :)