Question

DonnieJshorts

I had 4 credit cards. i paid them all off. I cancelled two of them. Will my credit score go up?
The two i cancelled were capital one and first primer bank. the ones i kept are orchard bank and credit one. Theyre all paid off with a 0 balance.

help with removing collection

I paid off 4 of my collection and two was removed, how do i get the other two removed. I have a deletion letter for all 4 collection. Can someone help in this matter, Or can i email the deletion letter to you and can you have them removed

Most Helpful Response

Your score will more likely go down. Closing an account has the following negative effects: Your credit limit reduces and your debt to credit limit ratio goes up; your average age of credit history will normally be shortened, especially when you close your oldest account; the total number of your open accounts and variety of those open accounts reduce. Also, when you pay off an account and decide not to use it any more, you don't have balance every month which is not good. And most credit grantors will close your inactive account after like 1 year of inactiveness.