Question

Viry14

I had 3cards closed on me,I payed all 3 full amount yrs ago, how long til reflects my credit score
In the section where it says payment status , it days 0% for each card. Does that mean it's not updated? What should I do

Most Helpful Response

Utilization

If you paid off the cards and did not use them the issuer may have closed them. CC's are in business to make money, If you don't use a card for a period of time, Ususally 18 months, they will close the account because they take the attitude that "if you don't use it you don't need it"  Reality is that it costs them to keep you in their system, so inactive accounts are routinely closed.

The 0% usually means that there is no activity, so they aren't reporting anything.

Contact the CC co's by phone, if the account was paid off, and you did not request the account to be closed, they may re-activate the account.  

If you enjoy the Cash lifestyle and don't want to carry balances, Try only using card for planned purchases.

I have cards that I only use for buying gifts for birthdays and Christmas. I ususally have the cash for these in my savings account, but I'll use the for the benifits that CC's give me like extended warranties etc. I will just pay the balance off when the bill comes in. Using it once a year is enough to keep the account active.