Question

Adrian007

I had 3 accounts in collections. I had them all removed. Score only jumped a little. Why?
I had 3 accounts that were very old & incorrectly in collections. After contacting the creditor, they agreed to remove them from my credit and sent information in order to do so. I verified with each bureau and with Credit Karma that they had been removed. I am now showing no derogatory marks on my credit and yet the change in my score was almost non-existent. I was expecting a big jump, maybe 50-100 points for going from 3 negative accounts to none. All I've seen to sate after 3 months is a 7 point change once this update was fully completed. Why?

Because they were so old.  The older a negative account is, the less damage it is doing.