Question

greaseandmetal

I got sued for a credit card debt, I settled. How to I report it paid to the bureaus?
I had a card debt in collections that I got sued for. I settled with the law firm and they sent me a letter saying that the letter is the proof the account was paid in full but that it is my responsibility to forward any credit reporting agencies a copy of the correspondence.

The account is still listed as open on CreditKarma and I don't know how/where to forward the letter.

Mail a copy of the letter

Each credit reporting agency has a mailing address you can get on line. Send a copy with a simple cover letter asking that your account be updated.  

It took about 20 days for it to be updated on my credit report that way.