Question

electriccyco

I got a summons from a collection lawyer. I have 20 days to respond to court. What can be done?

Most Helpful Response

Contact him, immediately. If you cannot work out a payment arrangement with him or if you do not feel confident talking to a lawyer then by all means go get yourself an attorney of your own.

Nothing but bad will come from iignoring him.

I contacted the local Clerk of Court and it is real. I sent in my response letter denying everything. Plus no original contract was sent with summons. I asked the judge to have dismissed because they didn't attatch a signed copy of original contract. Hope it goes well.

Thanks for your response