Question

exskaterdude

I got a call from a collection company about a medical bill
I have asked for a letter proving to me that the debt is mine and am currently waiting on that. I made calls to the hospital didn't actually handle billing accounts back in 2012. I then called the company that they directed me to and they said that they had sent letters that got returned and made calls, but I never got any of the billing information. Also they said that they weren't able to process my insurance back then and now I have gotten this call from collections about three years later. I called to try and have someone reprocess the bill through the insurance company but I no longer use them and it's past there time period for filing a claim. I'm really hoping that once I send a letter to the collections agency disputing all of this it will basically be written off. What do you all think I am to expect as an out come here , and what are my options please?

Sounds like you've covered your bases. You've asked the collection agency for verification the debt is yours. That's key. There are lots of unscrupulous agencies. I just read an article today where a woman was awarded over 80 million dollars over a $1000 collection debt that wasn't hers. The collection agency got her name mixed up with someone else.