Question

URSULA01

I get a montly income, haven't worked since 2010 illness. How can i get my credit score up?
I was ill and haven't worked since 2010 and I need to get my credit back on track. I want a new car. I get a monthly income from my husband death, so that's all the money I get but I want to pay off the pass due accounts on my credit. Some of them are over 7 years old. Please help me get it together. Thank you and be blessed.

Check the Statute of Limitations for Collections for your state.  In most states, it is 4-6 years, which means anything past that time limit is no longer collectable and the creditor has taken their "bad debt" deduction off their income taxes.  Even if a debt is being reported at 7 years, does not mean it is still collectable.  7 years is the time period most businesses/financial institutiions look at when deciding on giving credit.

Get copies of your credit reports and check them out thoroughly.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to do so.  File disputes with the credit bureau reporting same on all WRONG information you find on your reports.  That should kick your score up higher.

Please give serious consideration to buying a "new to you" car that is one to two years old.  You will save thousands and have a vehicle that should serve you well for 10 years.  I've had my car for 8 years and got it for almost half the price of a new vehicle, and it's still a dream to drive.