Question

studentjmi

I get a monthly income of $1400 and a credit score of 643, what are my approval chances?
Hi I am a student and unemployed but get monthly stipends of $1,000 and another stipend of $400 and have a credit score of 643, what are my chances of getting approves for a $15,000 auto loan?

Most Helpful Response

I am sorry, but I don't think it would ever happen. Find yourself a cheap car that you can get for cash and work to build your credit and wait until you have a decent job before trying to get any expensive cars. When going for an auto loan most lenders are going to use an auto version of FICO scores. Other things that  will be considered are: your overall credit profile is just as important as scores, previous loan history, income (must be verifiable with many lenders unless your scores are at least in the "good range"), debt to income ratio, employment history, age and mileage of auto to be financed, amount of down payment and so on. Please do some further reading on all credit topics and what it takes to get an auto loan. Don't get discouraged, be patient and work hard and you will achieve your goal, it just takes some time. Get yourself a part time job now if you can squeeze it in and get some employment history under your belt and save some money at the same time. 

Can you afford car payment

$1400 isn't much income to live on especially since you are a student and have to pay tuition, etc.  Do you have free rent?  Living with family?   I wouldn't try to get a $15,000 car loan at this point.  You need your income for tuition, rent, living.  I don't see you having enough income to make payments on $15,000 car.  If you really need a dependable car, find a cheaper car and get a family member to cosign.