Question

StevensCAP2007

I found a credit account that I am unfamiliar with, was my identity stolen
I frequently check my credit score, last month was the last time I checked my credit score, and now CreditKarma shows an account with a 20,000 dollar limit on it and also 2,800 utilization on that account, was my identity stolen or is this an error by CreditKarma?

Most Helpful Response

Stolen ID?

First check with the credit card company.  If stolen ID, call police to make a report and send report to credit card company and all reporting agencies.  Also freeze that credit card.

Identity theft

My sister got ahold of my social security number and has used it to get credit on several things like telephone, cable,electric and maybe more. How do I go about getting the problem off my credit. How I know of these issues it's because of where this is done I never lived in that area.

Dawn Young