Question

plantationhouse

I followed Credit Karma's recommendations to increase my score, It dropped 40 points.
I was also told filling out these offers would not impact my credit score. My score went from 743 to 686. Why would you do that?

Depends on a lot of things you haven't mentioned. If you just got a couple of new credit cards, you got hard inquiries on your report now, which will drop the score a little. There's lots of factors involved with a credit score.

Whenever you apply for credit, expect to get Hard Inquiries which ding your scores. Also when you open new accounts, it lowers the "average age of accounts" which also dings your scores. I am sorry that you've experienced trouble with this, I advise you too start reading as much as you can about credit before making any further moves regarding credit or accounts. Even though it is unfair, in order to build good credit in the long term, short term damage will happen. It happens to all of us, you need several open and active accounts to build and maintain good credit, BUT you are punished for opening new credit accounts.