Question

joemcc1262

I finalized my bankruptcy two months ago and was just approved for a 20,000 car loan at 9.5% this
month. I was not approved in my only attempt at a credit card. Does anyone know how long I should wait to re apply for a card?

Most Helpful Response

I don't think anyone able to tell you what the time frame might be. However, you are already step(s) ahead of others, with auto loan of 9.5% it's sold base to build on. Avoid credit card issuers that were included in the BK, most, if not all of them will decline your app, AmEx will not let you back in for probably next 20, even if you pay them back but CapOne may approve you just after 12 months. You can always start out with a secured card, again, just not those were included on BK. what 

Apply for capital one card. they will heip by telling were at as far as approve and weather or not you fit one of there cards easy. either way Capital One can help you build your credit easy without taking advance of you and killing your credit score and as long as you pay them on time you will approve a great relationship with them and build credit.

My bankruptcy was discharged about 7 months ago. I was approve for a car loan at 7.99% for $27,000. From Capital One and they were the same company that I bankrupted out of my last auto loan. It may be because I tried to reaffirm the debt and my lawyer didn't file the correct papers. I paid for 6 months while I was getting no credit for the payments. I waited until the car loan showed up on my credit which jumped my score by about 20 points and I was back over a 650. Just applied to capital one and was approved for a credit limit of $2,000. Apparently Capital One may be your best bet. If you have over a 650 I would give it a try.

Jaynes32

I file BK and i have gotten approve for cc,But my question is Capital One sent me card with $300 credit limit,but what im pizzled about what i put on the card is what im able to use,so If i put $30 that what i can only spend,to me its like prepayed card.

Thinking about filing bankruptcy

I am thinking about filing bankruptcy. How does it work. I have a repo on my credit. I really need a vehicle to get around. My question is how long after i file tje bankruptcy can I qualify to get a new car.

ashleysexy

You would have to get approved through the court and take the paper to the dealership your applying at

credit card

You should be able to geta credit card from barclay.com/credit card. I have one since 2013. Went bankrupt in 2010 and completed it in 2015, chapter 13. 

Barclay has 2 different kinds, 1 for hetting points on your purches or payments made to other creditors, such as utilities, etc (webbank).  The second card is for a higher

loan for whichyou will have to qulify for probably at a later date. iddibiddi46

Thats a good intrest rate for bankruptcy just being discharged. Mine was discharged about 4 months ago and my car interest rate is 19 percent ;( I'm hoping to refinance in about 6-12 months. I would apply for a capital one credit card if you want a credit card. Thats why I did right after my bankruptcy. I started with a 300 dollar limit. I have had the card for 5 months now and they just recently increased my limit to 750. 

bankruptcy

your lucky getting approved for a car loan after filing bankruptcy. I had to wait 3 years before getting a credit card after bankruptcy. And the credit limit was minimum.

bk

Im so behind in bills and want to start all over I have atleast 4 loans and I have a car loan and tuition bills and credit cards. I was thinking about filing for BK. My question is is it worth it will I regret it and what can I claim on the BK everything or just whats on credit report. And How long does this proccess last before it wont be on my report. And will this affect my House and future home buying?

Companies know you can't file again for 6 years

Merrick bank is good with bad credit. I don't know about BK but they gave me a card with a 570 score.