Question

ser56301

I filed in 2009 and would like to know how long it will be on my credit report?
After bankruptsy my mortgage is not on my credit report - I still pay my mortgage and will it help improve my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

A Bankruptcy: generally 10 years

10 years is the norm,  But it will also give you a clean slate.  It's an uphill battle but one that you can win if you are prudent and stick to a plan.  it may even be easier to get new small credit lines, beacuse they know you have no debt.

If you still paying a mortgage abut it's not reporting, it may be because of some internal goof by the mnortgage company or the CRA's,  Send a letter requesting that your mortgage be reported to the CRA's to the lender.