Question

lgirl78

I filed for bankruptcy back in 2008, when will I be able to get a mortgage & with whom?

Most Helpful Response

I think it should be 1 or 2 years after you filed. Make sure you have a nice down payment saved up. 3% of the Loan value for an FHA and about 10% for a conventional mortgage. Your score should be around 630 to qualify. I know because I bought my house while I was still in my bk. Also your lawyer should have a list of companies that are willing to give you a fresh start. Good luck. Let me know if you need any futher info.. I could share if I know....