Question

Lilmiss62

I filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in 2010 and didn't reaffirm my loan.
Even though I continue to pay my mortgage and have never had a late payment the mortgage company will not report that I am making payments because I didn't sign a reaffirmation of the loan. The banks policy on reaffirmation say they would attached my home, car and belongings in the reaffirmation . Any idea how I can show that my payments are made on time each and every month rather than just saying Bankruptcy.

Most Helpful Response

Same boat....almost

We filed in 2010 also but we did fill out the paper work for the reaffirmation for our homeloan. Our Attornery never sent it in to the Mortgage Co. So we've been making our payments on time every month for the last 4 yrs even though on our credit report our home shows it went through bankruptcy.......Now we want to purchase a new home. We don't know if it's better to reaffirm our current mortage and sell this home or not and just start over??

Try writing a letter to the credit bureaus that your mortgage company is reporting to, show them proof that your are making monthly payments and you would like your credit file to reflect the positive behavior. What is currently being displayed is inaccurate, if they do not update it then it must be removed from your credit report.. Good luck my friend....

nanaof6grndkids

If the Mortgage Company did not receive a reaffirmation for the loan, technically the house went back to them during the Bancruptcy. They are not required to report your payments.....Been through this. It's called "making voluntary payments". 

same boat

same here as paying 4 yrs even reaffirmation.  bank did not report to bureaus. they suppose to!!   the only way to rebuild is to refinance with the same bank or another one as a NEW MORTGAGE!  check out the HARP program.  make sure it shows you paid 12 consecutive payments by yourself otherwise has to go to FHA program.