Question

Ghostmedic32

I filed Chapter 13 in 2010. Why are creditors who failed to respond still attempting to collect.
In 2010 I filed Ch. 13 so that I could pay off my outstanding debts. My attorney as well as the court notified all creditors on my credit report to submit their claims before the deadline. Some did and some didn't. I was informed that those that failed to submit a claim would forever be barred from further attempts once the deadline had passed. Why is it I'm still getting debt collectors calling and notices after the fact. Even after I inform them to contact my attorney they continue to harass me at home and on the job. What is the point of even filing Ch. I3 if the debt collectors are still able to continually harass by attempting to collect.

My understanding of what you describe is, these debt collectors are illegally harassing you in hopes you will give in and pay. Often, these unscrupulous collectors have bought your debt for pennies because they can intimidate some into paying.

My suggestion is to notify them again of your attorney and all inquiries need to go through them, and keep a record of who calls and when they call. If they persist, inform them since they continue to harass you instead of contacting your attorney, you will be contacting your attorney to sue them. If they are calling you cell, you may have records already of when they call.