Question

CRW628

I filed bankruptcy in 2009. If I file again will it hurt? how

"WOW" ... That's the only word I can say.

Most Helpful Response

One of the requirements prior to filing for bankruptcy is to take some classes on proper money management so that one may avoid having to resort to bankruptcy again.  Also, no one may file bankruptcy sooner than eight years after the previous.  So, you are going to have to learn to live within your means sooner than you thought. Makes life much easier when you do. 

I'm not going to be snarky and make a comment about you taking classes about money management. There may have been legitimate circumstances that we are not aware of. Having said that, it is not great if you have to. However, the reply you received stating that there is an 8 year waiting period is possibly incorrect. It really depends on what your original filing was, Ch 7 or Ch 13. I would not make a comment to you that you need to learn to live within your means without knowing all the facts. I would check with a BK attorney as the ability to file again depends on the original BK. Of course, the best course would be to see if there are ANY other possibilities for you other than another BK.