Question

crazymomma8595

I filed bankruptcy about 15 yrs ago. This is showing I still have all those open accts. Why?

Bankruptcy

I understand exactly. The same with me but. For 4 years. All creditors were on bankruptcy, no payments required, was dismissed. My 3 credit places are showing 6 credit cards that were already WROTE OFF IN BANKRUPTCY. They are also giving me a low score for Home Insurance??? We sold the home 7 months ago and were never behind. We now rent so have renters insurance. There is NOTHING in my name anymore except (1) CREDIT CARD, which is paid on time. My credit scores should be excellent except for the bankruptcy. What I would like to know is why do we have to PAY someone to fix mistakes because of places not updating. And I want to email someone but who the heck do you email. There's no "contact us" on this site. I think we are not alone in the fact they do not do yearly updates. If we could just fill something out with the mistakes and send it in, then contact us to have it changed. That would be a great start. Debbie

Could be many reasons.  1. When was your bankruptcy discharged/dismissed?  It will stay on your record 10 years from that date. 2. Were the creditors that are showing up included in your bankruptcy petition?  You have to tell the court who your creditors are, it's not a "clean sweep". 3. Did you have a chapter 7 or 13 bankrtupcy? One is when you are making monthly payments to the Trustee, the other is where you have no assets/income and all is wiped out.  4.  Was your bankruptcy dismissed?  If so, then everything goes back to collections if it wasn't paid during your bankruptcy.  I'm no expert on this stuff, but that's what hits me.  You may want to read up on bankruptcy & credit at www.credit.about.com, on the lower left of their screen is a link called  "Consumer Bankruptcy".  Good luck!