Question

Frkboystrdm

I filed 13 on July 1st 2012. Tried to pay it off this year lawyer said no it would cause issues.
Why would it cause issues if I was willing to pay my debt off 2 years in advance. Was also told that if I did pay it off early I probably wouldn't be discharged until the 5 year period.

My lawyer told me the more I make the more the trustee will take to repay lenders, having extra money to pay your ch13 early means that you have disposable income and thats bad if you are in a ch13.

Once a bankruptcy is filed, it becomes a legal record and the plan must be paid as recorded.