Question

HelpMe1230

I dont understand why my credit score went down.
I have a loan out. I have made every payment on time if not early and paid it off a month early. But the company has not posted anything onto my credit. So my credit score is showing missed payments since I opened it 4 months ago and only one payment was posted. I'm trying so hard to fix my credit score. Is there anything I can do??

The missed payments are

working against you.  You can contact the credit agencies to get it fixed.  Also have you received your annual free credit reports?  If not, get it done because there could be other issues effecting your score.

HelpMe1230

How do I get an annual free credit report?

Sometimes a creditor is slow to report. That doesn't necessarily mean that you've missed a payment. Check the legend on your report to see what the symbols mean. I have a couple of creditors that report every 3 months or so. When they give the latest information the blank and greyed out spaces get filled in with the green "OK".

Most Helpful Response

Missing payment information is not as important as the main entry which reflects the status as well as the overall payment status.   While you aren't getting credit for the on time payments, you aren't being deducted.  Check the days late  30/60/90 is there an entry there?   Also, is the account showing closed and paid or has it not yet been reported that the account is paid and closed. If they aren't timely in listing the payments (not all firms report payments and many don't report after the initial report that the account was opened) I wouldn't expect them to be timely in showing the full status of the account.   Once the account is marked as closed, there would be a reduction in your credit score as this would no loner me a credit account you are managing.  You only receive credit for current open accounts.

HelpMe1230

There is no report on late days, The account still shows opened. Ive contacted the place that I had the loan with and they assured me they have been sending all the information into the credit bureau. On my credit theres an symbol showing missed payments and when I click on it, it pulls up my loan and shows that it was opened 4 months ago shows my first payment and doesnt show any other payments. I dont know if its just doing that because it hasnt been posted or if there is a bigger issue with the credit bureau. I've emailed the credit karma help people and they have yet to contact me. Is there any other way of figuring out if this is now on my credit or if its just a mistake or is there someone else I need to contact.