Question

Hopeful1stXhomeBuyer

I don't understand how credit works
For a while the only thing on my report was a subsidized and subsidized student loan, which had 10 missed payments. I have been trying to improve my score, and have made on time payments for the past year. Also I have two secured credit cards. My score is currently in the 560's which is an improvement. I was wondering will my score continue to increase by paying on time and keeping utilization low or do I need to start applying for more credit?

Applying/obtaining for more credit cards aren't necessarily beneficial to your credit scores/profiles at this point, there aren't many credit cards can be obtained with score of 560, the very few possible ones aren't really worth the inquiries and new accounts hit to your scores in the long run, and you probably end up close them year or so down the road. Since you already have two secured cards, by pass other "rebuilder" cards.... And yes, your scores will continue to improve with more on-time payments and your baddies ages further.,

Did you take the time to read the articles on this site?  They do explain credit very well.  I know because I have degrees in accounting and business but did not fully understand credit until I joined here.  After reading and using the financial tools, I now have an excellent credit score and have learned 0things that will benefit me for the rest of my life.